Safety Tips and Roller Rink Rules
Skating is good exercise and a fun, enjoyable activity for the entire family but it does present some risks, especially for inexperienced skaters.
With that in mind following our safe skating advice and rink rules will ensure that your visit to Swords Roller Rink is enjoyable and minimise the possibility of an accident. The Marshalls are present on the rink at all times during all sessions and you are required to adhere to our safe-skating guidelines.
- Instructions of the Skate Marshals and/or DJ must be followed
- Bring a thick pair of socks, these will ensure that your feet are comfortable while skating.
- It is recommended that skaters should wear wrist guards
- It is recommended that you wear the safety equipment that are available free of charge at this venue. You can bring your own safety equipment if you prefer. All skates and equipment are subject to inspection by the management
- The use of cameras, mobile phones, music players or any handheld equipment is not permitted whilst skating.
- Trailing clothing is not permitted whilst skating.
- Skating can be a strenuous activity. Those feeling at all unwell or with known health related difficulties are advised not to skate and must inform a Marshal on duty.
- No sharp objects, personal listening devices, hats or scarves, loose necklaces, jewellery or beads to be worn while skating.
- Any object that poses a danger will be confiscated by the Marshal on duty
- Any persons, who in the opinion of the Marshals, represent a danger to themselves or others will be asked to leave the rink.
- Any persons who in the opinion of the Marshals have consumed alcohol or any other substance likely to impair their balance will not be allowed on the rink.
- Any persons whose behaviour may be deemed as likely to cause offence to others will be asked to leave the rink.
- All sessions are recorded on CCTV.
- At no point is eating or drinking allowed on the skating floor.
- There is to be no sitting on the floor or edge of the rink
- At no point are skaters permitted to form trains whilst skating.
- There is to be no pushing or tripping.
- No racing or speed skating allowed unless specifically authorised by a marshal during set games
- Skaters skate at their own risk.
- A safety video is played prior to each session. Do pay attention to the advice offered in the video.
- While all reasonable measures are in place to ensure your safety, it is your responsibility to ensure that you are aware of the safety information prior to entering the rink. It is your responsibility to bring to the attention of the Marshal any event or act which may impact on your safety while skating.
- In the event of an accident, Swords Roller Rink will have a qualified person on duty to provide first aid.
- When your session has ended you will be directed to the exit point by the Marshal and Public Address system. Please exit the rink in an orderly manner.
- Children must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times.
- If your child is a young toddler they may not fully understand all of the rules and we also ask parents to keep extra close eye on your little one at all times.
- Prams and buggies are permitted into the venue but at the discretion of the Marshal on duty and they are not permitted onto the rink.
- Parents/guardian are not allowed carry any child on to the rink.
- Entry and exit to the ramps must be at a slow and controlled speed. Skaters on the rink have right of way at all times
- Slow down when exiting the rink
- Always pay attention to the skaters around you and pay special attention to skaters ahead of you as they cannot see you coming.
- Swords Roller Rink is not responsible for lost or missing items.
- Swords Roller Rink reserves the right to refuse admission
Remember that Roller Skating can definitely be a fun activity for the whole family, as long as the rules of safety are closely followed.
If your children are new to skating it is best to take them during a time when the rink is less crowded. You can call us on 01 5242101 to find out when the rink is not as crowded and choose this time to take them.
Enjoy and have Fun from all the team at Swords Roller Rink